Do you have an Oculus Go headset and want to use Bigscreen app to watch videos in VR? Let’s get to know what is Bigscreen Beta and how to use Bigscreen to control your desktop easily.
What is Bigscreen Beta?
Bigscreen Beta lets you use your PC desktop in VR, watches movies with friends in a home virtual movie theater, plays your favorite PC video games on a huge screen, hangouts in social VR chat rooms, and participates in weekly 3D Movie Nights, VR LAN parties, and other events.
It is a free app for watching your favorite movies with friends and family around the world. Bigscreen is an immersive, social computing experience that lets you use your computer in VR.
Worried about not having the same VR headset? There’s cross-platform VR headset support for the Oculus Rift, Oculus Go, HTC Vive, any SteamVR headset, and any Windows Mixed Reality headset!
Bigscreen team always working on new features! You can let them know your suggestions to improve your experience in Bigscreen from the options listed in the Support section below. Here are the new features of Bigscreen that will come soon!
- VIDEO PLAYER: Play local video files stored on your headset or stream from a video server.
- FRIEND SYSTEM: Add your friends to your list so they can easily join your rooms.
- NEW AVATARS: Updated avatar options will be available for you to customize even further.
- How to Watch Movies in VR? Virtual Reality Cinema at Home
- 5 Movie-watching Apps for Watching Movies in VR
How to Use Bigscreen on Your Oculus Go?
You are able to use Bigscreen Beta to manage your computer. Bigscreen supports for streaming your PC’s display output to the Oculus Go, essentially making it an external display that you wear on your face.
If you installed Bigscreen Beta for your VR headset and PC, you can start setup the app for watching 3D movies, playing video games, and others!
- Launch Steam on your PC.
- Right-click Bigscreen Beta in your Steam library.
- Click “Play Remote Desktop streaming client” to get Room ID, Stream Resolution, and Refresh Audio options.
- Launch Bigscreen Beta on your Oculus Go.
- Select an environment in which you’d like to stream your desktop.
- Choose “Remote Desktop” from the “Tools” section in the menu.
- Select “Start” and then you will be shown a room ID.
- Type the room ID into the Bigscreen Beta PC app.
- Click a resolution at which you’d like to stream.
- Click “Connect”. You will now see your PC desktop within your Oculus Go.
- Tap “Disconnect” on your PC to stop streaming to your Go.
After finishing the settings, you can manage your PC through your Oculus Go headset now. let’s start using Bigscreen Beta to watch movies and play games with friends!